Children are born with an inherent sense of wonder- a predisposition for bewilderment that yearns to solve the mysteries of their world. How do butterflies change, or what is the sound of snow? What happens to fallen leaves and where do snakes go?
This section is devoted to all things kids and nature- and to the kid is us all. Click on the articles below for kid-centered activities, children’s programs, and more ideas to get kids outside.
- Night Sky Event: Tips to Make the Most of This Annual Event
- Family Friendly Guided Hikes!
- Summer Camp Registration Opens March 1st!
- Join in the Fun with the Iowa Jr. Naturalist Program
- Introducing Homeschool in the Hills
- Check out our 2018 Family Programming
- Take a Hike Day!
- Happy Bat Appreciation Month
- Exploring Iowa's Unexpected Wonders
- Enlightening Lightning