Bewilderment often comes from things unknown- a world left open and exciting, filled with new ideas and knowings. It is the beginning of wonder.
Perhaps the best place to discover something new or witness something wonderful is in nature- where each day is marked by something entirely different than the one before: a change in clouds overhead, a new leaf twists and sails through the wind, or the sun that washes its beautiful colors across the horizon with a hundred different hues than ever before. There is always something new to behold in nature and forever something new to learn about the world.
This section is devoted to all things new in nature and how we can learn from the wonder around us.
- Get Inspired with A Pottawattamie Almanac
- Get to Know: Michelle Biodrowski, Naturalist
- Something for Everyone on October 13th!
- Festive Fall Bunting
- Get to Know: Bethany Thornton, Hawk Counter
- Night Sky Event: Tips to Make the Most of This Annual Event
- Love the Land During our Introduction to Land Management Program
- Rocky Visits Hitchcock Nature Center
- Exploring the World of Zero Waste Living
- Family Friendly Guided Hikes!