Bewilderment often comes from things unknown- a world left open and exciting, filled with new ideas and knowings. It is the beginning of wonder.
Perhaps the best place to discover something new or witness something wonderful is in nature- where each day is marked by something entirely different than the one before: a change in clouds overhead, a new leaf twists and sails through the wind, or the sun that washes its beautiful colors across the horizon with a hundred different hues than ever before. There is always something new to behold in nature and forever something new to learn about the world.
This section is devoted to all things new in nature and how we can learn from the wonder around us.
- The Gracious Goldfinch
- Get to Know: Amy Campagna, Environmental Education Coordinator
- The Fiery Hues of the Prairie Grasses in Autumn
- Book Review: Top Informational Nature Books for Kids
- Get to Know: Erin Scott, Hawk Counter
- Nesting Owls & Barn Owl Restoration with Bruce Ehresman
- "Migrating Through Change: Monarch Butterflies & Their Conservation" Coming to Hitchcock Nature Center
- Go Wild for Conservation On September 12th!
- Discover "Sacred Seed: an Indigenous Heirloom Seed Journey" with Taylor Keen at Hitchcock Nature Center
- Night Sky Event: Tips to Make the Most of This Annual Event