Bewilderment often comes from things unknown- a world left open and exciting, filled with new ideas and knowings. It is the beginning of wonder.
Perhaps the best place to discover something new or witness something wonderful is in nature- where each day is marked by something entirely different than the one before: a change in clouds overhead, a new leaf twists and sails through the wind, or the sun that washes its beautiful colors across the horizon with a hundred different hues than ever before. There is always something new to behold in nature and forever something new to learn about the world.
This section is devoted to all things new in nature and how we can learn from the wonder around us.
- "Migrating Through Change: Monarch Butterflies & Their Conservation" Coming to Hitchcock Nature Center
- Go Wild for Conservation On September 12th!
- Discover "Sacred Seed: an Indigenous Heirloom Seed Journey" with Taylor Keen at Hitchcock Nature Center
- Night Sky Event: Tips to Make the Most of This Annual Event
- Experience Healthy Soil, Healthy Planet with Jean Eells at Hitchcock Nature Center
- Welcome Environmental Education Interns!
- Loess Hills Cooperative Burn Week 2019
- Join the Loess Hills Nordic Ski Patrol for Outdoor Emergency Care Training
- Book Review: Top Five Nature Story Books
- Discover Prairies, People, & Place with Doug Ladd at Hitchcock Nature Center