Bewilderment often comes from things unknown- a world left open and exciting, filled with new ideas and knowings. It is the beginning of wonder.
Perhaps the best place to discover something new or witness something wonderful is in nature- where each day is marked by something entirely different than the one before: a change in clouds overhead, a new leaf twists and sails through the wind, or the sun that washes its beautiful colors across the horizon with a hundred different hues than ever before. There is always something new to behold in nature and forever something new to learn about the world.
This section is devoted to all things new in nature and how we can learn from the wonder around us.
- Book Review: Bringing Nature Home by Douglas Tallamy
- Fire Refresher Training: March 19th
- PUBLIC CALL TO ACTION: Oppose HF 542 & SSB 1221
- 2019 Summer Camp Registration Now Open!
- It's Winter in Pottawattamie County
- December Public Programming: Fun in the Winter for the Whole Family!
- Get Inspired with A Pottawattamie Almanac
- Get to Know: Michelle Biodrowski, Naturalist
- Something for Everyone on October 13th!
- Festive Fall Bunting