Children are born with an inherent sense of wonder- a predisposition for bewilderment that yearns to solve the mysteries of their world. How do butterflies change, or what is the sound of snow? What happens to fallen leaves and where do snakes go?
This section is devoted to all things kids and nature- and to the kid is us all. Click on the articles below for kid-centered activities, children’s programs, and more ideas to get kids outside.
- Turtles of Iowa
- Get to Know: Giant Spotted Leopard Moth
- Ask a Naturalist: Why are Snakes Slimy?
- Three Things to do in Your Backyard!
- Join us for Little Tike Hike at Hitchcock Nature Center
- Ask a Naturalist: Why Does Weather Change
- PLAY AGAIN with Pottawattamie Conservation
- Ask A Naturalist: How Long Do Trees Live
- Ask a Naturalist: Horns vs. Antlers
- Learning is More Fun Outdoors!