Bewilderment often comes from things unknown- a world left open and exciting, filled with new ideas and knowings. It is the beginning of wonder.
Perhaps the best place to discover something new or witness something wonderful is in nature- where each day is marked by something entirely different than the one before: a change in clouds overhead, a new leaf twists and sails through the wind, or the sun that washes its beautiful colors across the horizon with a hundred different hues than ever before. There is always something new to behold in nature and forever something new to learn about the world.
This section is devoted to all things new in nature and how we can learn from the wonder around us.
- Turtles of Iowa
- Get to Know: Giant Spotted Leopard Moth
- Pottawattamie Conservation Precautions During COVID-19
- This Month in Nature: June
- Get to Know: Kim Wickersham
- Hitchcock Nature Center Grazing Project
- COVID-19 Update: June 4th, 2020
- Ask a Naturalist: Why are Snakes Slimy?
- Get to Know: Aric Ping
- Three Things to do in Your Backyard!